Terms and Conditions
1. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD requires a 10% deposit when placing an order and the balance before the delivery date. Any deposit paid is refundable (standard sizes only) and an order placed is not considered confirmed until proof of payment of the 10% deposit is received. Any payment recieved whether it be in the form of deposit or in full, confirms the order as per the invoice. Any variation on standard inclusions will be listed and are considered approved on payment.
2. Should the balance not be paid within 7 days after delivery, interest will be charged at the rate of 20% per annum. The customer will be liable for all expenses incurred in recovering monies (inclusive of all charges, costs and legal expenses incurred byEXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD to recover monies owed). 3. The goods remain the property of EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD until all monies have been paid in full. In the event that the goods are not paid for in full, the Customer agrees that the goods may be removed from the property. The customer agrees to give reasonable access to the property to
EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD and/or their appointed and identified agents.
4. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD will supply goods which are in good order and condition. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD is solely responsible for the delivery of goods and does not accept any liability for structural damage or any loss caused post delivery of the goods confirmed to be in good order and condition.
5. The customer agrees that no other agreement, verbal, or otherwise exists or has been agreed to and therefore no other conditions, understandings or promises are binding on this contract.
6. “All African Thatch Roofs” are only 95% waterproof and will have splinters of light shining through the thatch visible from the inside. This is considered normal.
7. Posts can split and/or crack due to exposure to the elements and outside weather conditions. Such cracks and splits are synonymous with timber products and are not considered to be structural defects. Timber is a natural product and as such will have defects. Exotic Outdoor Living sources its timber from the best suppliers and endeavors to only sell the best timber, however minor bows, knots, cracks are considered acceptable.
8. The Customer accepts liability for ensuring that all approvals from local councils etc, if necessary are obtained. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD accepts no responsibility in this regard. The Customer accepts sole responsibility for any work carried out without the necessary approvals.
9. Caution: Thatching grass is highly flammable. Should the Customer elect to purchase thatch products, Duty of Care is completely expelled by EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD.10. Cedar huts are only 95% waterproof and can leak due to knots / cracks in the timber. This is considered normal.
11. Bamboo fencing panels will fade with time and regular maintance may be required depending on your circumstances. Bamboo is a natural product and will from time to time split due to pressure rising and falling inside the bamboo, this is unavoidable and does not deem the product faulty. 12. Stained DIY KIT: Your hut/gazebo can be pre-stained in our factory. All sections of the timber frames will be stained. Posts are not stained but we will supply you with extra stain for this purpose. Cedar huts ONLY: Cedar will not be stained but stain will be supplied to stain outside of cedar after installation. 13. 21 Day money back Guarantee applies only to standard size huts and decks. These sizes can be found on marketing material by EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING Pty Ltd. 14. Any returns will incure a restocking fee of 20% of purchase price.
WARRANTY 5 year warranty on faulty workmanship. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD will replace any timber or steel section not manufactured correctly by us.
25 year warranty on timber frames and posts against rot, decay and termites. The affected timber section will be replaced if the original receipt can be shown and no negligence in the care of the timber is evident.
Terms and conditions relating to the warranties set out above;
1) 5 year warranty on faulty workmanship: This warranty does not cover warping, splitting, twisting, checking, shrinking, swelling or other changes in the shape of the timber. We will only replace faulty steel or timber sections manufactured incorrectly. Fading stain or stain that changes colour due to weather exposure is not covered. Weathering of thatch and colour changes are considered normal and are not covered under this warranty. Any freight cost will be payable by the claimant.
2) 25 year warranty on timber frame and posts against rot, decay and termites: The posts and frame are guaranteed for 25 years against rot, decay and termites by the timber supplier. We will replace any section of timber that is damaged provided negligence in care is not evidenced. Original purchase receipt is required for any claim. Any freight cost will be payable by the claimant.
This warranty becomes null and void if the hut is misused or altered in any way other than by official EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD personnel. Minor imperfections and improper installation are excluded from this guarantee.
3) No Guarantee is provided for thatch products. These are natural untreated products and lifespan of products is dependant on climate. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD is not responsible for repair work due to extreme weather conditions.
Make An Enquiry
Purpose Built Factory
How soon can you install the Bali Hut?
Normally within 1-3 weeks depending on the season. DIY Bali Hut Kits are in stock for fast delivery.
How long will the Bali Huts last in general?
With very little maintenance, a thatch roof owner can expect a bali hut to last for at least 15 years. Various climates however, do affect the life span of a thatch roof. The frame should last more than 25 years. Please read our warranty.
What support is available if I need help installing the Bali Hut?
Customer support is just a phone call away that can quickly answer any concerns.
How waterproof are Bali Huts?
All Bali huts if installed correctly are guaranteed 100% waterproof. This is achieved by using the correct thatching density and a roof pitch of 40 degrees.
How long does it take to install a Bali Hut?
Generally it takes 1-2 days weather permitting for installation. Times may vary depending on size of the bali hut. We have a detailed bali hut instruction manual available for the DIY market.
Are Bali beach huts (thatch roofing) free from pests?
Yes, Australian quarantine requires that all thatch must be treated as a condition of entry to Australia and therefore the product is free from pests.
What about ventilation and insulation?
One of the great attractions of Bali huts is that is extremely thermally efficient – warm in winter and cool in summer. Unlike conventional roofing systems that trap heat and moisture vapor in attics, Bali huts require no attic ventilation. Bali huts can reduce the inside temperature up to 10 degrees Celsius, creating a pleasant environment for your family on a hot summer day.
Are there other benefits of a Bali hut?
From a conservation point of view, thatch is less demanding on the land, as the raw materials do not require quarrying or mining. Thatch is also very effective in commercial settings such as restaurants, hotels, pubs, and retail shops.
How is the ridge of the Bali Hut sealed?
By utilizing terracotta tiles from Bali, the roof is sealed from moisture. (Standard in all DIY Kits or when installed). All DIY bali huts kits come with a complete set terracotta tiles at no extra cost.
What is the difference between Bali Huts and African Huts?
Balinese thatch, used on Bali huts, originates from Bali and has a more tropical look, compared to the African Cape Reed, used on the African huts, which has a neater, clean cut look.
Will the Balinese thatch roof change color over time?
The thatch we use is a natural product and will change color when exposed to the sun and rain. This is a natural occurrence. Exotic Thatch Bali huts are made from the best materials that we import from Bali ourselves.
What timber do you use for the construction of the Balinese Hut?
We use treated Australian timber to Australian building regulations and standards. The timber we use is the same timber that is used Australia wide to build pergolas and decks. All bali huts are made in a specialist factory to exact requirements.
Do I need council approval for Balinese huts?
Depending on the size of the hut, you may need council approval. Please call your council if unsure.
Just wanted to provide a few photos and some comments on our experience with your company. We purchased a 4 meter x 3 meter Bali Hut. From the outset the staff at Exotic Thatch at Long Jetty were professional and very helpful. The workmanship of the Hut is excellent . I have had many friends and relatives comment on how meticulous the workmanship is. I would have no problem in recommending Exotic Thatch to anybody interested in purchasing a Bali Hut. I have attached some images for your records.