Terms and Conditions
3. The goods remain the property of EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD until all monies have been paid in full. In the event that the goods are not paid for in full, the Customer agrees that the goods may be removed from the property. The customer agrees to give reasonable access to the property to
EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD and/or their appointed and identified agents.
11. Bamboo fencing panels will fade with time and regular maintance may be required depending on your circumstances. Bamboo is a natural product and will from time to time split due to pressure rising and falling inside the bamboo, this is unavoidable and does not deem the product faulty.
12. Stained DIY KIT: Your hut/gazebo can be pre-stained in our factory. All sections of the timber frames will be stained. Posts are not stained but we will supply you with extra stain for this purpose. Cedar huts ONLY: Cedar will not be stained but stain will be supplied to stain outside of cedar after installation.
13. 21 Day money back Guarantee applies only to standard size huts and decks. These sizes can be found on marketing material by EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING Pty Ltd.
14. Any returns will incure a restocking fee of 20% of purchase price.
5 year warranty on faulty workmanship.EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD will replace any timber or steel section not manufactured correctly by us.
25 year warranty on timber frames and posts against rot, decay and termites. The affected timber section will be replaced if the original receipt can be shown and no negligence in the care of the timber is evident.
Terms and conditions relating to the warranties set out above;
Make An Enquiry
Purpose Built Factory
How soon can you install the Bali Hut?
Normally within 1-3 weeks depending on the season. DIY Bali Hut Kits are in stock for fast delivery.
How long will the Bali Huts last in general?
With very little maintenance, a thatch roof owner can expect a bali hut to last for at least 15 years. Various climates however, do affect the life span of a thatch roof. The frame should last more than 25 years. Please read our warranty.
What support is available if I need help installing the Bali Hut?
Customer support is just a phone call away that can quickly answer any concerns.
How waterproof are Bali Huts?
All Bali huts if installed correctly are guaranteed 100% waterproof. This is achieved by using the correct thatching density and a roof pitch of 40 degrees.
How long does it take to install a Bali Hut?
Generally it takes 1-2 days weather permitting for installation. Times may vary depending on size of the bali hut. We have a detailed bali hut instruction manual available for the DIY market.
Are Bali beach huts (thatch roofing) free from pests?
Yes, Australian quarantine requires that all thatch must be treated as a condition of entry to Australia and therefore the product is free from pests.
What about ventilation and insulation?
One of the great attractions of Bali huts is that is extremely thermally efficient – warm in winter and cool in summer. Unlike conventional roofing systems that trap heat and moisture vapor in attics, Bali huts require no attic ventilation. Bali huts can reduce the inside temperature up to 10 degrees Celsius, creating a pleasant environment for your family on a hot summer day.
Are there other benefits of a Bali hut?
From a conservation point of view, thatch is less demanding on the land, as the raw materials do not require quarrying or mining. Thatch is also very effective in commercial settings such as restaurants, hotels, pubs, and retail shops.
How is the ridge of the Bali Hut sealed?
By utilizing terracotta tiles from Bali, the roof is sealed from moisture. (Standard in all DIY Kits or when installed). All DIY bali huts kits come with a complete set terracotta tiles at no extra cost.
What is the difference between Bali Huts and African Huts?
Balinese thatch, used on Bali huts, originates from Bali and has a more tropical look, compared to the African Cape Reed, used on the African huts, which has a neater, clean cut look.
Will the Balinese thatch roof change color over time?
The thatch we use is a natural product and will change color when exposed to the sun and rain. This is a natural occurrence. Exotic Thatch Bali huts are made from the best materials that we import from Bali ourselves.
What timber do you use for the construction of the Balinese Hut?
We use treated Australian timber to Australian building regulations and standards. The timber we use is the same timber that is used Australia wide to build pergolas and decks. All bali huts are made in a specialist factory to exact requirements.
Do I need council approval for Balinese huts?
Depending on the size of the hut, you may need council approval. Please call your council if unsure.
Just wanted to provide a few photos and some comments on our experience with your company. We purchased a 4 meter x 3 meter Bali Hut.
From the outset the staff at Exotic Thatch at Long Jetty were professional and very helpful. The workmanship of the Hut is excellent . I have had many friends and relatives comment on how meticulous the workmanship is. I would have no problem in recommending Exotic Thatch to anybody interested in purchasing a Bali Hut. I have attached some images for your records.