High Quality, Resort-Style Asphalt Huts and Accessories at Discounted Prices
25 year warranty
No Interest Ever Plans
Make An Enquiry
Why Invest in a Asphalt Hut?
There are many benefits to owning one of our Asphalt Huts, which you’ll be able to enjoy year round because of the durable design and weatherproof roofing. Here are just some of the reasons our customers love our Asphalt Huts:
- Staying Cool: Because of its design and angled roof, an Asphalt Hut can provide one of the most stylish shades, and creates a shade that keeps you and your family, or guests, dry and comfortable. You will gain great thermal properties due to the thick A-Bond construction ply and underlay that the shingles are laid on.
- Relax and Unwind: You will gain a new appreciation for your weekends as you’ll be able to sneak off for a little peace and quiet to snooze, read, and unwind.
- Quality Space to Socialize: Any of our Asphalt Huts will be a beautiful attraction in your outdoor area, and will provide a beautiful covered space for dining with your loved ones and friends. It is also a great spot for children to play while keeping cool and a great area for parties, celebrations, or simple “get-togethers”.
- Increase Your Property’s Value: Easily enhance the appearance of your property by installing one of our high quality Asphalt Huts.
“Our Asphalt Huts are the Highest Quality on the Market, with one of the Strongest Guarantees available.”
Why purchase an Asphalt hut from us?
We take pride in our products and take the quality of our Asphalt Huts very seriously. Our customers are the life blood of our business, and your satisfaction is of paramount importance to us. That is why we only use the highest quality materials in the construction of our Asphalt Huts, so that the product you purchase is durable and lasts much longer than lower quality alternatives from our competitors.
Have questions about your Asphalt Hut, or need help figuring out which one is right for you? Give us a call at 1300 855 440 The staff at our dedicated support line is always happy to answer your questions and provide any assistance you may need.
We are proud to say that our focus on product quality and the quality of our customer service hasn’t gone unnoticed, and we have been named as one of the:
“Preferred Suppliers for Flower Power – The Largest Nursery Group in Australia”
What Makes our Asphalt Huts Different?
Most people who are considering the purchase of a Asphalt Hut aren’t aware that the materials used, and the roof design, are absolutely critical to the Asphalt Hut or gazebo durability and longevity. Unfortunately, many consumers don’t realize this fact, and end up purchasing their Asphalt Hut based on the lowest price they can find. In the long run, they end up wasting money by purchasing the lower quality items because the lower end alternatives deteriorate rapidly and cannot withstand even moderately harsh weather conditions.
However, not all Asphalt Huts are created equal, and we have worked hard to ensure that our quality is the best on the market.
- For instance, the correct pitch roof for the thatch is an absolute must to ensure minimal water penetration and wind damage. We manufacture all our roofs on a 30 degree roof pitch. It’s more costly to manufacture but it looks better and ends up being a much more durable structure that can withstand rain and winds in a way that lower quality huts simply can’t.
- We only use F7 structural timber and posts with a H4 treatment level. Our posts are dressed treated pine (H4) that will last in the ground for up to 40 years. We guarantee it against rot and decay for 25 years.
- In addition to using the highest quality materials, we also implement several quality controls processes that were specifically developed to increase the quality of our Asphalt Huts. For example, all of our Asphalt Huts go through a rigorous, three stage quality inspection to ensure that the Asphalt Hut you buy is of the highest quality and has been manufactured according to all specifications. Most gazebo companies don’t take the time to implement such procedures, because they are focused on selling to you, rather than developing high quality products. We, on the other hand, make quality our #1 concern and let our reputation do the selling.
- In fact we are so confident in the quality and durability of our Asphalt Huts, that we are the only ones in our industry to offer a strong warranty that covers both; materials and workmanship. Furthermore, this warranty is fully transferable should you ever sell your home. This is unmatched by any other Asphalt Hut company in the industry.
This unwavering focus on quality is what helps us create a Asphalt roof that will last 20+ years, instead of 5 – 10 years like the products of our lower quality competitors. This makes our Asphalt Huts not just a great addition to your home, but a real investment in your property and your family’s quality time, that is guaranteed to last for over a decade without the headaches of frequent repairs and the frustration and expense of dealing with a poor quality product.
This is precisely the reason why Exotic Thatch is the preferred supplier of Flower Power (the biggest nursery group in Australia). Our superior products and thatching methods are also used by Better Homes and Gardens, and have been featured 3 times on the show!
Premium Asphalt Huts Kits With A Detailed Instruction Manual And 1300 Number Phone Support” – Direct From The Manufacturer
All DIY Asphalt hut kit parts come measured, pre-cut and ready to assemble with Asphalt roofing to your requirements.
COMPLETE AND READY to install a magnificent Asphalt Hut (excludes concrete if putting your posts in the ground). Includes a step-by-step easy to follow manual with images and diagrams, Drawings (square or rectangular), Design Certificate, Warranty, and happy helpful phone support – yes you speak direct to our installer! No offshore service or machine generated answers.
DIY Asphalt Huts Kits include:
- Round or square posts.
- Best quality Asphalt shingles
- 30-40 degrees roof pitch (extends roof life). Please insist on at least 30 degree roof when buying a Asphalt hut. It prolong the life of the roof and also prevent damage done by strong winds
- F7 structural H3 treated pine frames (rot and termite resistant) with a 25 year guarantee again rot and decay.
- Maximum 600mm rafter spacing (ensures structural integrity)
- All Asphalt huts come with a detail Instruction manual (22 pages with phone support from an experienced team)
- Galvanised nuts and bolts
Standard size DIY Asphalt Huts Kits are usually in stock and available for fast delivery, however, if you require a non-standard size we can easily accommodate this as we produce the frames ourselves in our Tuggerah factory.
STRENGTH & DURABILITY
All Asphalt Huts are designed to Australian Standards and only premium quality materials and timbers are used. The original Asphalt Hut design is created to withstand torrential downpours, hot sun and strong winds – we have improved on this to meet Australian weather conditions. We also use a 30 – 40 degree roof pitch as it is more durable than anything less. Our Asphalt Huts are built strong, durable and sturdy using only premium quality products and the design follows attention to detail. Details that make your Asphalt Hut special and beautiful.
Why Invest in a Cedar Gazebo?
Our Colorbond Gazibos are a wonderful place to entertain, or kick back and relax with your friends and family. The roofs on these Huts look neat and stylish with the added benefit of providing a shade that is up to 10 degrees cooler on hot summer days.
If you’ve been considering an Colorbond Gazibo for your yard, here’s something to keep in mind as you do your research: most people who buy Colorbond Gazibo roofs are completely unaware that the materials and design that they use can literally make or break their project. The simplistic look of these huts doesn’t do justice in conveying the amount of effort that our team has put in to perfect the structural design, so that the huts can withstand harsh weather conditions, look great, and last for a very long time.
For example, did you know that something as simple as deciding the pitch of the roof can affect not only how your Gazebo looks, but will actually affect how long the thatch will last and how cool the shade under the roof will be? Most gazebo manufacturers still use a roof pitch of less than 40 degrees, which creates a roof that is more prone to damage from winds and harsh weather. We realized early on that the pitch was of utmost importance, and were one of the first companies to manufacture our gazebos with a roof pitch of at least 40 degrees. This helps the thatch last longer, makes the hut look more inviting because a larger portion of the thatch is visible, and makes the shade cooler because the sunlight hits the roof at a more indirect angle.
"Preferred Suppliers for Flower Power"
We also go one step further, and use the latest software and measuring instruments to ensure that the structural timber sections of the roof exceed Australian standards. In fact our standard practice in ensuring quality is not to just meet structural standards but to create a margin of safety by exceeding such standards whenever possible.
This helps us ensure that you’re buying only the highest quality Colorbond Gazibo, and gives us the confidence in our work that allows us to offer one of the most generous gazebo warranties in all of Australia.
Our emphasis on quality and our willingness to stand by our products by offering the most comprehensive warranty policy are just some of the reasons why Exotic Thatch is the preferred supplier of Flower Power (the biggest nursery group in Australia). Our products and thatching methods are also used by Better Homes and Gardens and have been featured 3 times on the show!
Choose the perfect hut size
How long will the Cedar gazebo last in general?
What support is available if I need help installing the Cedar hut?
How waterproof are Cedar gazebos?
All Cedar gazebos if installed correctly are guaranteed 95% waterproof.
How long does it take to install a Cedar hut?
Generally it takes 1-2 days weather permitting for installation. Times may vary depending on size of the cedar hut. We have a detailed cedar hut instruction manual available for the DIY market.
What about ventilation and insulation?
One of the great attractions of Cedar huts is that it is thermally efficient – warm in winter and cool in summer. Unlike conventional roofing systems that trap heat and moisture vapor in attics, cedar huts require no attic ventilation. Cedar huts can reduce the inside temperature, creating a pleasant environment for your family on a hot summer day.
How soon can you install the Cedar Hut?
Normally within 1-3 weeks depending on the season. DIY Cedar Hut Kits are in stock for fast delivery.
Will the roof change color over time?
The cedar we use is a natural product and will change color when exposed to the sun and rain. This is a natural occurrence.
What timber do you use for the construction of the Cedar Hut?
We use treated Australian timber to Australian building regulations and standards. The timber we use is the same timber that is used Australia wide to build pergolas and decks. All cedar huts are made in a specialist factory to exact requirements.
Do I need council approval?
Depending on the size of the hut, you may need council approval. Please call your council if unsure.
From the outset the staff at Exotic Thatch at Long Jetty were professional and very helpful. The workmanship of the Hut is excellent . I have had many friends and relatives comment on how meticulous the workmanship is. I would have no problem in recommending Exotic Thatch to anybody interested in purchasing a African Hut. I have attached some images for your records. Dianne and Dave O'Meara