10 degrees cooler
High Quality, Resort-Style African Huts and African Hut Accessories at Discounted Prices
25 year warranty
We offer a 25 year warranty on our posts and frames and 5 year warranty on the workmanship.
More than 500 happy customers Australia Wide
No Interest Ever Plans
Affordable Weekly Payments – No Interest Ever!
Make An Enquiry
Why Invest in an African Hut?
Our African Huts are a wonderful place to entertain, or kick back and relax with your friends and family. The roofs on these Huts look neat and stylish with the added benefit of providing a shade that is up to 10 degrees cooler on hot summer days.
If you’ve been considering an African Hut for your yard, here’s something to keep in mind as you do your research: most people who buy African Hut roofs are completely unaware that the materials and design that they use can literally make or break their project. The simplistic look of these huts doesn’t do justice in conveying the amount of effort that our team has put in to perfect the structural design, so that the huts can withstand harsh weather conditions, look great, and last for a very long time.
For example, did you know that something as simple as deciding the pitch of the roof can affect not only how your Gazebo looks, but will actually affect how long the thatch will last and how cool the shade under the roof will be? Most gazebo manufacturers still use a roof pitch of less than 40 degrees, which creates a roof that is more prone to damage from winds and harsh weather. We realized early on that the pitch was of utmost importance, and were one of the first companies to manufacture our gazebos with a roof pitch of at least 40 degrees. This helps the thatch last longer, makes the hut look more inviting because a larger portion of the thatch is visible, and makes the shade cooler because the sunlight hits the roof at a more indirect angle.
"Preferred Suppliers for Flower Power"
– The Largest Nursery Group in Australia
We also go one step further, and use the latest software and measuring instruments to ensure that the structural timber sections of the roof exceed Australian standards. In fact our standard practice in ensuring quality is not to just meet structural standards but to create a margin of safety by exceeding such standards whenever possible.
This helps us ensure that you’re buying only the highest quality african hut, and gives us the confidence in our work that allows us to offer one of the most generous gazebo warranties in all of Australia.
Our emphasis on quality and our willingness to stand by our products by offering the most comprehensive warranty policy are just some of the reasons why Exotic Thatch is the preferred supplier of Flower Power (the biggest nursery group in Australia). Our products and thatching methods are also used by Better Homes and Gardens and have been featured 3 times on the show!
What Makes our African Huts Different?
Most people who are considering the purchase of a African Hut aren’t aware that the materials used, and the roof design, are absolutely critical to the African Hut or gazebo durability and longevity. Unfortunately, many consumers don’t realize this fact, and end up purchasing theirAfrican Hut based on the lowest price they can find. In the long run, they end up wasting money by purchasing the lower quality items because the lower end alternatives deteriorate rapidly and cannot withstand even moderately harsh weather conditions.
However, not all African Huts are created equal, and we have worked hard to ensure that our quality is the best on the market.
- For instance, a high pitch roof for the thatch is an absolute must to ensure minimal water penetration and wind damage. We manufacture all our roofs on a 40 degree roof pitch. It’s more costly to manufacture but it looks better and ends up being a much more durable structure that can withstand rain and winds in a way that lower quality huts simply can’t.
- We only use F7 structural timber and posts with a H4 treatment level. Our posts are dressed treated pine (H4) that will last in the ground for up to 40 years. We guarantee it against rot and decay for 25 years.
- In addition to using the highest quality materials, we also implement several quality control processes that were specifically developed to increase the quality of our African Huts. For example, all of our African Huts go through a rigorous, three stage quality inspection to ensure that the African Hut you buy is of the highest quality and has been manufactured according to all specifications. Most gazebo companies don’t take the time to implement such procedures, because they are focused on selling to you, rather than developing high quality products. We, on the other hand, make quality our #1 concern and let our reputation do the selling.
- In fact we are so confident in the quality and durability of our African Huts, that we are the only ones in our industry to offer a strong warranty that covers both materials and workmanship. Furthermore, this warranty is fully transferable should you ever sell your home. This is unmatched by any other African Hut company in the industry.
This unwavering focus on quality is what helps us create a African thatch roof that will last 15 – 20 years, instead of 3 – 5 years like the products of our lower quality competitors. This makes our African Huts not just a great addition to your home, but a real investment in your property and your family’s quality time, that is guaranteed to last for over a decade without the headaches of frequent repairs and the frustration and expense of dealing with a poor quality product.
This is precisely the reason why Exotic Thatch P/L is the preferred supplier of Flower Power (the biggest nursery group in Australia). Our superior products and thatching methods are also used by Better Homes and Gardens, and have been featured 3 times on the show!
Choose the perfect hut size
Just wanted to provide a few photos and some comments on our experience with your company. We purchased a 4 meter x 3 meter African Hut.
From the outset the staff at Exotic Thatch at Long Jetty were professional and very helpful. The workmanship of the Hut is excellent . I have had many friends and relatives comment on how meticulous the workmanship is. I would have no problem in recommending Exotic Thatch to anybody interested in purchasing a African Hut. I have attached some images for your records.