1. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD requires a 10% deposit when placing an order and the balance before the delivery date. Any deposit paid is refundable (standard sizes only) and an order placed is not considered confirmed until proof of payment of the 10% deposit is received.
2. Should the balance not be paid within 7 days after delivery, interest will be charged at the rate of 20% per annum. The customer will be liable for all expenses incurred in recovering monies (inclusive of all charges, costs and legal expenses incurred by EXOTIC THATCH PTY LTD to recover monies owed).
3. The goods remain the property of EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD until all monies have been paid in full. In the event that the goods are not paid for in full, the Customer agrees that the goods may be removed from the property. The customer agrees to give reasonable access to the property to EXOTIC THATCH PTY LTD and/or their appointed and identified agents.
4. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD will supply goods which are in good order and condition. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD is solely responsible for the delivery of goods and does not accept any liability for structural damage or any loss caused post delivery of the goods confirmed to be in good order and condition.
5. The customer agrees that no other agreement, verbal, or otherwise exists or has been agreed to and therefore no other conditions, understandings or promises are binding on this contract.
6. “All African Thatch Roofs” are only 95% waterproof and will have splinters of light shining through the thatch visible from the inside. This is considered normal.
7. Posts can split and/or crack due to exposure to the elements and outside weather conditions. Such cracks and splits are synonymous with timber products and are not considered to be structural defects. Timber is a natural product and as such will have defects. Exotic Outdoor Living sources its timber from the best suppliers and endeavors to only sell the best timber, however minor bows, knots, cracks are considered acceptable.
8. The Customer accepts liability for ensuring that all approvals from local councils etc, if necessary are obtained. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD accepts no responsibility in this regard. The Customer accepts sole responsibility for any work carried out without the necessary approvals.
9. Caution: Thatching grass is highly flammable. Should the Customer elect to purchase thatch products, Duty of Care is completely expelled by EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD.
10. Cedar huts are only 95% waterproof and can leak due to knots / cracks in the timber. This is considered normal.
11. Bamboo fencing panels will fade with time and regular maintance may be required depending on your circumstances. Bamboo is a natural product and will from time to time split due to pressure rising and falling inside the bamboo, this is unavoidable and does not deem the product faulty.
12. Stained DIY KIT: Your hut/gazebo can be pre-stained in our factory. All sections of the timber frames will be stained. Posts are not stained but we will supply you with extra stain for this purpose. Cedar huts ONLY: Cedar will not be stained but stain will be supplied to stain outside of cedar after installation.
5 year warranty on faulty workmanship. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD will replace any timber or steel section not manufactured correctly by us.
25 year warranty on timber frames and posts against rot, decay and termites. The affected timber section will be replaced if the original receipt can be shown and no negligence in the care of the timber is evident.
Terms and conditions relating to the warranties set out above;
1) 5 year warranty on faulty workmanship: This warranty does not cover warping, splitting, twisting, checking, shrinking, swelling or other changes in the shape of the timber. We will only replace faulty steel or timber sections manufactured incorrectly. Fading stain or stain that changes colour due to weather exposure is not covered. Weathering of thatch and colour changes are considered normal and are not covered under this warranty. Any freight cost will be payable by the claimant.
2) 25 year warranty on timber frame and posts against rot, decay and termites: The posts and frame are guaranteed for 25 years against rot, decay and termites by the timber supplier. We will replace any section of timber that is damaged provided negligence in care is not evidenced. Original purchase receipt is required for any claim. Any freight cost will be payable by the claimant.
This warranty becomes null and void if the hut is misused or altered in any way other than by official EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD personnel. Minor imperfections and improper installation are excluded from this guarantee.
3) No Guarantee is provided for thatch products. These are natural untreated products and lifespan of products is dependant on climate. EXOTIC OUTDOOR LIVING PTY LTD is not responsible for repair work due to extreme weather conditions.